How do we handle Covid-19?
We have followed since its inception, and we continue to follow the recommendations and guidelines of the Public Health Authority and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We are aware of the seriousness of the situation and are prepared to strengthen our efforts and routines based on what is recommended. We are in an extraordinary situation and we are actively working to help limit the spread of infection while continuing to deliver to our customers, which is important from a societal perspective.
Everyone is in some way affected by the current situation and our operations are part of one of Scandinavia’s largest industries. Our suppliers, customers, partners and staff are dependent on our production and it is important for us to continue to run our business. So far, we have no interruptions in our business and are actively working to not get it either.
Our greatest priority is to safeguard the well-being of our employees and customers as well as limit the spread of infection. At the same time, we are running our business so we can meet our commitments to our customers.
We have chosen to take the following measures at our facilities and offices to limit the spread of infection:
- Anyone who have symptoms such as cough, fever or sore throat can not visit our premises.
- Persons who have been in contact with anyone who has been abroad for the last 14 days must not visit our premises.
- For the time being, we do not accept external visitors who are not business or business critical.
- We avoid handshakes, keep distance with each other and maintain good hand hygiene
- We always consider alternative forms of meeting, such as meetings by telephone or video calls
- Does not attend major meetings (> 500 current rules) eg. trade fairs and training courses
Together and through smart solutions, we can help manage this situation in the best possible way. For our own part, for the business, but also for society.